Assessing your claim
A member of our legal team will visit you at home or in a hospital within 48 hours of your initial contact with us.
This gives us a chance to meet you and your family in person and to fully understand the circumstances that led to your accident. We will speak to you, your family, any immediate witnesses and, if necessary, the police.
We will then be able to tell you whether or not we think you have a valid claim.
At this stage, we will also talk to you about how we can help with any immediate financial or family worries, such as:
- We can advise you on your employment position and help you to deal with any issues you may have with your employer.
- We can help you deal with your mortgage provider, credit card companies and loan providers.
- We can investigate any insurance cover that you may not have been aware of and that could benefit you and your family.
- We can offer advice on state benefits and emergency funding. We will put you in touch with the welfare benefits advisor at our charity partner Aspire if required.
- We can help you set up a Power of Attorney so your partner can sign documents on your behalf.
In short, we will do everything necessary to give you immediate peace of mind.